Sunday, December 14, 2014

My very first Distress Coloring

Hello bloggers!

Today's post is more of an experiment... I always say that I admire other's people Distress Inks/Markers coloring, the cards those people make always seem so very delicate, mine on the contrary are bold with popping images and contrasting colors, I just HAVE to put several layers of Copics colors, because it always seems to me not enough :)

For the card I'm sharing with you today I colored one of the Magnolia stamps with Distress Markers. All the professionals among you, my dear readers, don't laugh and throw tomatoes my way :) hh
I know the hair didn't turn out good at all, and there's a splat of blue ink on Tilda's dress on the right side, and that the background is not "blended" enough.... Still I'm posting this, so that I could learn from my mistakes and compare the future colored images with the image on this card (I plan to practice once I have more time).


The close-ups:

 

That's it for today. If you have any useful tips concerning the distress inks coloring, I'll be more than happy to hear them.


Have a great week and thanks for stopping by!


Hugs,
Alexandra

8 comments:

  1. Alexandra, you are so hard on yourself, but I can totally understand. Your DI coloring is beautiful. There is no right or wrong way of using any coloring medium in my opinion as long as you like it and having fun doing it. I love this vintage Tilda, your design complement her beautifully.
    Have a great week!
    Hugs, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. From my point of view this looks stunning! Like Katie said, everyone had it's own way of colouring with DIs. ;)
    Hugs, t.

    ReplyDelete
  3. מדהים! הסטנדרטים שלך כנראה גבוהים מדי! הכרטיס מקסים והצביעה מושלמת...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! I do not know anything about coloring but for me it look fabulous!!! Beautiful flowers too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh come ooh - I've seen worse Distress Coloring. These colors turn out more nostalgic. I like this - and I am looking forward to more images with distress inks.
    Don't be too hard - it is really really good.

    Hugs, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply gorgeous, although there is nothing simple about this! I'm amazed at all the detail, embellishments and layers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you are waaaaay too hard on yourself, I think it's wonderful and in addition as a first attempt it's pretty awesome. I wouldn't have even notice the blue 'smudge' if you hadn't mentioned it, in fact I really had to look hard for it lol. As to tips, not sure you need them with a start this good, everyone can improve with practice and not much improvement needed at all here :P For myself, the most important things I found were to find the right paper that works for the style your are using with DIs, don't try to colour the same way as you do with your Copics, although you can go back in afterwards and add some details with the pen end and that totally works, just don't try to blend then, and let your paper dry between layers. But really, just play and have fun with them and discover what works best for you :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the kind comments!